USHER ACCUSER SAID THEY ALWAYS USED CONDOMS … Changed Story in Lawsuit

Usher‘s herpes accuser in Georgia, Laura Helm, insisted she ONLY had protected sex with him — even though she claimed otherwise in her $20 million lawsuit … but she had a good reason for lying, according to her attorney.

TMZ obtained a recording of Helm on the phone telling a male friend she had no plans to sue Usher after finding out he allegedly has herpes. She said Usher had always worn a condom when they had sex … so she wasn’t concerned about being exposed to the virus. As she put it … “That’s why they make protection, for people who have STDs.”

The conversation went down July 19 … just 2 days before Helm filed the lawsuit and changed her story. In the docs she said Usher did NOT use a condom when they had sex in New Orleans. The two different stories seem to create a huge credibility problem for Helm.

However, her attorney Lisa West says Helm only lied because she thought her publicist, Dennis Byron — the guy on the phone — was trying to shop a story to the media about Usher having an affair.

West says Helm “didn’t want to be exploited and, in her attempt to deter Byron from doing so, she told him (inaccurately) that she never had protected sex with Usher and that she did not have herpes.” West adds she’s gone to law enforcement because Helm thinks Byron was extorting her.

Worth noting — Helm also accused Byron of stalking her, but on Friday a judge dismissed the matter for lack of evidence.

TMZ

Advertisements

Nelly: ‘I Have Not Been Charged With a Crime

Nelly attends Drai’s Beach Club Nightclub in Las Vegas, Nevada on November 6, 2016. Gabe Ginsberg/Getty Images

Nelly took to Twitter on Saturday, October 7, to set the record straight concerning rape allegations made against him.

The rapper, 42, reiterated his earlier claims on Twitter, by writing, “To be absolutely clear. I have not been charged with a crime therefore no bail was required. I was released , pending further investigation.”

As Us Weekly previously reported, the “Hot In Herre” rapper was arrested in the early hours of Saturday morning for allegedly raping a woman, who claimed she had been assaulted on Nelly’s tour bus at 3:48 a.m. in Auburn, Washington. Nelly is currently on tour with country-pop duo Florida Georgia Line and had performed at the White River Amphitheater just hours before.

The “Country Grammar” singer was taken into custody an hour later, according to the Auburn police department. He was booked for investigation of second-degree rape and released later on Saturday morning.

Nelly’s lawyer responded to the claims with a statement to TMZ: “It does not surprise me that she wanted to have her story publicized. That is playbook 101 of a person with an agenda and clearly she has one. The agenda is money, fame and notoriety.”

Hours after he was released from custody on Saturday, Nelly tweeted, “Let me say that I am beyond shocked that I have been targeted with this false allegation. I am completely innocent. I am confident that once the facts are looked at, it will be very clear that I am the victim of a false allegation.”

“I do want to apologize to my loved ones for the embarrassment and for putting myself in a situation where I could be victimized by this false and defaming allegation … I also want to thank my fans for their unwavering support. They know me. I assure you I will be vindicated. And I assure you, I will pursue every legal option to address this defaming claim. Thank you,” he continued. “In other words y’all know damm well I ain’t do no dumm S^*t like this..!! Love ..!!!!”

Nelly’s lawyer told Us Weekly in a statement on Saturday that the rapper “is the victim of a completely fabricated allegation.”

“Our initial investigation clearly establishes this allegation is devoid of credibility and is motivated by greed and vindictiveness,” he continued. “I am confident, once this scurrilous accusation is thoroughly investigated, there will be no charges. Nelly is prepared to address and pursue all legal avenues to redress any damage caused by this clearly false allegation.”

The singer did not perform with Florida Georgia Line on Saturday night in Washington. The tour is set to continue in Jacksonville, Florida, on Thursday, October 12.

US Weekly

POETIC JUSTICE 40 – By Mshinaram Warigon Ahrey

animus3

DISTOPIA

This ain’t no Utopia

It is the gathering of madness

Stripped of all senses

Collared in sadness

A dinning and winnings

Of the psychos and the locos

A party of distortions

And jumbled reasonings

The blind leading the blind

To a city of lights

Here Hatter holds sway

©Warigon2017 (Pic.credits:animus3.com)

 

Hundreds of thousands rally against Catalonia secession

Spanish unionists find their voice in huge Barcelona rally

People on a rooftop wave Spanish flags during a march in downtown Barcelona, Spain, to protest the Catalan government’s push for secession from the rest of Spain, Sunday Oct. 8, 2017. Sunday’s rally comes a week after separatist leaders of the Catalan government held a referendum on secession that Spain’s top court had suspended and the Spanish government said was illegal. (AP Photo/Manu Fernandez)

More

BARCELONA, Spain (AP) — Hundreds of thousands of people rallied Sunday in downtown Barcelona to protest against the plans of Catalonia’s regional government to secede from the rest of Spain. The march was the largest pro-union showing since the rise of separatist sentiment in the prosperous northeastern region that has pushed Spain to the brink of a national crisis.

Barcelona police said 350,000 people participated, while march organizers Societat Civil Catalana said that 930,000 people turned out.

Those numbers resemble the pro-independence rallies that Barcelona has seen in recent years.

Many in the crowd who marched through the city center under the slogan of “Let’s recover our common sense!” carried Spanish, Catalan and European Union flags. Some chanted “Don’t be fooled, Catalonia is Spain” and called for Catalan president Carles Puigdemont to go to prison.

Sunday’s rally comes a week after the Catalan government went ahead and held a referendum on secession that Spain’s top court had suspended and the Spanish government said was illegal.

Catalan authorities say the “Yes” side won the referendum with 90 percent of the vote, though only 43 percent of the region’s 5.3 million eligible voters turned out in polling that was marred by police raids of polling stations on orders to confiscate ballot boxes.

Puigdemont has pledged to push ahead for independence anyway and is set to address the regional parliament on Tuesday “to report on the current political situation.”

Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy vows that his government will not allow Catalonia, which represents a fifth of Spain’s economy, to break away from the rest of the country.

In an interview with the Spanish newspaper El Pais published Sunday, Rajoy said that he will consider employing any measure “allowed by the law” to stop the region’s separatists.

Rajoy said that includes the application of Article 155 of the Spanish Constitution, which would allow the central government to take control of the governance of a region “if the regional government does not comply with the obligations of the Constitution.”

“The ideal situation would be that I don’t have to find drastic solutions, but for that to happen there will have to be some rectifications (by Catalan leaders),” Rajoy said.

Rallies were held Saturday in Madrid, Barcelona and other cities to demand that Rajoy and Puigdemont negotiate to find a solution to Spain’s worst political crisis in nearly four decades.

Pro-union forces hope to gather steam with Sunday’s protest in Barcelona after a series of large businesses, including Catalonia’s top two banks, announced they were relocating their headquarters to other parts of Spain. Other companies are reportedly considering leaving Catalonia to avoid being cast out of the European Union and its common market in the case of secession.

Joseph Wilson, Associated Press

Student Gets Suspended For Sitting During Pledge Of Allegiance

Student Gets Suspended For Sitting During Pledge Of Allegiance
A Houston student was suspended from school for refusing to stand during the pledge of allegiance.

A Houston student was suspended from school for refusing to stand during the pledge of allegiance.

India Landry, a high school senior at Windfern High School, was kicked out on Monday after refusing to stand for the pledge and wasn’t allowed to return to classes for the majority of the week, KHOU reports.

India says she has been sitting during the pledge for years, but it wasn’t until the National Football League protests began that the school took issue with it.

“I don’t think that the flag is what it says it’s for, for liberty and justice and all that,” India, 17, told KHOU. “It’s not obviously what’s going on in America today.”

India’s mother, Kizzy, said she rushed to the school to pick up her daughter and was told India wouldn’t be allowed back until she stood for the pledge.

The school district’s policy is to have students stand for the pledge unless they have a note from a parent, but Kizzy says her attempts were rejected by Windfern’s principal.

“She can’t come to my school if she won’t stand for the pledge,” Kizzy said the principal told her.

Now, the family is filing a lawsuit against the Cypress Fairbanks ISD school district, the New York Daily News reports. A spokeswoman for the school district told the Daily News she was not aware of the lawsuit and noted a “student will not be removed from campus for refusing to stand for the pledge.”

India, who has been allowed to return to school, told the Daily News that she still intends to sit down.

Similar incidents have occurred in schools across the country since President Donald Trump called professional athletes who kneeled during the anthem “sons of bitches.”

Almost three dozen schools in Louisiana were instructed not to allow student-athletes to kneel during the anthem. A teacher in Farmington Hills, Michigan was put on leave forallegedly assaulting an 11-year-old student who refused to stand for the pledge. Florida schools, at one point since Trump’s comments, were threatening to send home studentswho didn’t stand for the anthem or pledge home unless they had parental permission.

  • This article originally appeared on HuffPost.

Ghana gas depot blast kills at least 6 – fire service

Burnt vehicles are pictured at the site of an explosion at a gas depot in Accra
Burnt vehicles are pictured at the site of an explosion at a gas depot in Accra, Ghana October 8, 2017. REUTERS/Kwasi Kpodo
ACCRA (Reuters) – At least six people were killed and 35 injured, mostly suffering burns, after an explosion at a fuel distribution site in Ghana’s capital, fire service spokesman Billy Anaglate said on Sunday.

The explosion on Saturday evening at the state-owned GOIL site sent a giant fireball into the sky above the eastern part of Accra, causing frightened residents to flee their homes in large numbers. Others were forcibly evacuated.

Ghana, a relatively new oil and gas producer, has suffered several recent accidents including an explosion in 2015 that killed around 100 people.

Several onlookers at the scene of the explosion expressed anger on Sunday that the government had not done more to prevent another fatal accident.

Reuter(Reporting by Kwasi Kpodo; Writing by Emma Farge; editing by John Stonestreet)